Thursday, March 11, 2010

GOD'S CALL FOR GLOBAL SPIRITUAL AWAKENING.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicket ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7: 14

Why are we not seeing a great spiritual movement in Western Europe and North America? Because we live in a culture which views God as a hobby. In our society, Christianity is for church, religion for Sunday.

Our first step is to "humble ourselves," to admit our need of God. Once we admit that we need God's help, we "pray." The Hebrew word describes a national plea for repentance. Then we "seek his face." The Hebrew phrase describes a person who is returning to God in individual repentance. We see the need of the nation, then we admit the need of our own hearts and souls.

God says, "Seek my face," not "Seek my favor." Seek to know me, more intimately and passionately than ever before. Love me, for I love you. Want me, for I want you. Know me, for I know you. Seek my face.

Gypsy Smith, a great evangelist of an earlier generation, was asked how revival begins. His response: "Take a piece of chalk, and draw a circle around yourself. Get on your knees and pray until everything in that circle is right with God, and revival will be upon us.

"By:Godfried A.Bediako-GPO




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisdom is in the heart of His creation.